With the New Year approaching and thinking of fresh slates and new beginnings, the one area I love to focus on is the home. There are certain things you can do to make a big impression in one room or throughout the entire home. Based on my experience the top five would be:
- Paint – This seems to be the most common suggestion. As decorating color trends change, this is a fairly quick and inexpensive way to spruce up your home and make it feel fresh.
- Hardware – I have changed mine and have been shocked with how the results of this seemingly small item can impact the look of a room. Replacing the cabinet knobs and pulls in a kitchen or bathroom will definitely give you that stylish update you’re looking for.
- Area Rugs – Something as simple as area rugs can also dramatically change the feel of a room. Natural fiber rugs such as jute and bamboo are popular choices now. You can also never go wrong with a classic and timeless oriental rug to warm up a room and pull it all together.
- New Lighting – Lighting is another way to get a big bang for your buck. Changing out a chandelier in any room or pendant light replacements in the kitchen can make a big impact, as well. Natural materials continue to be popular as well as metal finishes. With the trend of mix and match gold, brass and other finishes, you can give touches of luxury throughout your home.
- Window treatment – Plantation Shutters are a classic and timeless design that blends well with any home style. Our custom hardwood plantation shutters not only transform your rooms’ appearance, but adds value to your home. If you’re looking for optimal privacy and light control, please contact us for a free in-home consultation. Our Veteran owned and family run business builds our shutters right here in our Richmond, VA woodshop. We stand behind our product with a 100 year limited warranty.