Plantation shutters are a timeless, classic window treatment. They look great in any room of your home, but they can really make your kitchen shine. In the kitchen, the right amount of lighting is essential and aesthetic can help create a feeling. Plantation shutters will help enhance the beauty of your kitchen and give you all the lighting you need (no more, no less). With shutters from Shenandoah Shutters, you’ll be inspired to cook at home more and more!
Why Plantation Shutters For Your Kitchen?
In many ways, your kitchen is the focal point of your home. It’s where you cook for your family or where you reach into the fridge at 1am because you’ve been working late. It’s where your friends gather with their drink of choice as you throw the first party of the year. Without your kitchen, your home just isn’t home.
There are a number of reasons to install plantation shutters in your kitchen. Here are just a few:
- Lighting. Natural lighting is important for your kitchen, which is why the kitchen often has large windows with expansive views. With plantation shutters, you can let in as much or as little light as you want. Open the shutters wide to let in the sun, close them to keep out the glare, or open the slats to filter sunlight in.
- Homey Charm. Plantation shutters never go out of style. They’re timeless, and they give your house a feeling more like home. They can come in a variety of styles, too, to suit the aesthetic of your kitchen. If traditional plantation shutters aren’t the way to go, consider our cafe shutters or our sleek and modern Softedge shutters. We even offer custom shutters to suit your custom windows.
- Sound Barrier. Just because you want to enjoy the natural lighting and the views that can be found outdoors doesn’t mean you want to hear the neighbor’s kids shrieking or that one bird that made a nest in the tree nearest your house. Plantation shutters offer an extra sound barrier so you can prep, cook, and bake in peace.
- Energy Efficiency. Plantation shutters will also help you to better control air leakage and heat loss, which can be important in the kitchen. Not only will this make your kitchen more comfortable, it will help to reduce energy loss in your home overall.
What Kind of Plantation Shutters For Your Kitchen?
At Shenandoah Shutters, we offer authentic wood shutters in a variety of styles. You can find painted shutters or stained shutters, modern or traditional. Most homeowners prefer white or cream painted shutters for their kitchen, as this gives the space a light, airy feeling. However, if you want something a little cozier, stained shutters might be for you. Your style options include:
- Traditional plantation shutters. Elegant, double door plantation shutters — the kind of shutters you might find on old plantation homes or even classic Greek homes.
- Softedge plantation shutters. Our patented design is engineered to be subtle, sleek, and modern. It blends right into your window frame for a modern kitchen.
- Cafe shutters. For a farmhouse kitchen or a kitchen with a cozy cafe feel, the answer is cafe shutters. These shutters cover the bottom half of the window while the top is generally accompanied with a small curtain.
- Custom shutters. If you’re looking for shutters to suit your custom windows, consider custom shutters in any shape you need. These can also come in custom hardwoods, such as cherry, oak, and mahogany.
Is your kitchen missing plantation shutters? Shenandoah Shutters can solve that problem for you! We produce handcrafted wood plantation shutters at our workshop/showroom in Richmond, Virginia. Contact us today to learn more about our shutters, schedule a trip to our showroom, or order your own shutters today.