6 Reasons to Love Plantation Shutters
Plantation Shutters are beautiful, and you really can call them furniture for your windows. Although they are not nearly as expensive as they used to be, plantation shutters are still a great investment for your home. Bearing this in mind, we have put together some practical reasons to LOVE Plantation Shutters:
- Light & Dark – plantation shutters work really well during the day to bounce light around your room. However, once it starts getting dark in the evenings, all you need to do to stop people being able to see in, is to tilt the louvers or close them completely. Also, having plantation shutters will keep your rooms really dark for a good night’s sleep!
- Privacy – because of the easily tilted louvers, people can’t easily see into your home. With our different styles of plantation shutters, you can also choose a style for your windows which will ‘divide’ the louvers, with a divider rail, so you can move the bottom and top louvers independently of one another. You can close the bottom for privacy and keep the top open for sunlight.
- No Cords or Strings – with no cords or strings on plantation shutters, you do not have to fiddle around straightening your blinds. Also, if you have children, it’s one less hazard in your home to worry about.
- The Look – plantation shutters look great. They add a touch of elegance to any home and they look great from both the inside and out.
- Energy Efficient – plantation shutters will keep out the cold in winter so you can turn down the heating. Also, if you have draughty windows, because you are basically adding another ‘layer’ to your window, the draughts are dramatically decreased.
- Noise Reduction – as above, because you are adding more ‘layers’ to your window – less noise will be able to come through.
- Easy to Clean – plantation shutters are so simple to clean – a quick run over with the dust and damp cloth and they are perfect as new.
For More Information About Our Plantation Shutters
If you are interested in getting plantation shutters, we’d love to hear from you – you can arrange a Free Appointment here. You can also read about happy previous customers to learn why they love their plantation shutters and have chosen Shenandoah Shutters. Contact us here for any questions or for a quotation.